ICE around the world
Designer and Freelance Designer for ICE International
(Junior) Designer and Freelance Designer for ICE International
Design Talent Wanted!
Are you looking for an international design job in an energetic, open organisation that offers its people plenty of room for their own ambitions and development? Then please read on!
(Junior) Designer (full-time) and Freelance Designer in Waardenburg, the Netherlands
- Are passionate about great design
- Enjoy interacting with renowned international design professionals
- Are not just a highly creative designer, but are also good at planning and have no problem keeping a clear overview of entire projects
- Are an ambitious creative type with a degree from a styling or art academy, such as Academie Artemis or MAFAD
- Having some practical experience will certainly work in your favour
- Know everything there is to know about Illustrator and are able to quickly familiarise yourself with new software due to your willingness to learn
- Are fluent in English and Dutch (speaking and writing); it would be great if you know any other languages as well, such as French
- Seeing as we have a lot of international liaisons all over the world, you do not have a nine-to-five mentality
- Are an international family business where we work hard
- Have a passion for beautiful interior products
- Like travelling and are interested in other cultures
- Want to do our bit for society and do this by means of Care & Fair and the Dutch Cancer Society KWF
- Are serious when it comes to our work, but feel that having fun is also very important
- Have the ambition to be the world’s number one within our area of expertise
- Dream big, but see personal contact as a basic condition
In this position you will be in daily contact with the best interior designers working at international design offices. You will discuss the client’s wishes in-house with regard to the patterns and colours of the carpets. Part of this involves working according to clear wishes and instructions, while the client allows you some freedom to develop new designs. Client requirement packages are translated into clear guidelines for the foreign design teams, who take lead in concept execution. It will be up to you to monitor the technical feasibility of actual manufacturing. After a design has been approved, you will commission a quality sample that will be submitted for the client’s approval. In the meantime, you will closely track the priorities of all your current projects and you will ensure a smooth flow of information and feedback to and from the client.
‘We work on extremely diverse, international projects, which is really exciting. The job is different every day, because you’ll be involved with several process components. And we take a lot of time to laugh – the projects are huge and prestigious, but our team is really down-to-earth.’
—Sanne, designer at ICE International
This is what you can expect from us:
A positive working atmosphere and room for your own ambitions and development. You will be part of a young, dynamic and passionate team that does not say no to Friday afternoon drinks or a table tennis contest. An appropriate salary that grows along with experience and age is part of the deal, just like favourable fringe benefits, such as a thirteenth month, a pension scheme, and an extensive travel allowance. We work at a central location in Waardenburg, situated on the A2 motorway between Utrecht and ’s-Hertogenbosch.
We are a family business that started in the Netherlands and is now taking the glamorous international interior design world by storm with our unique hand-knotted and hand-tufted carpets and rugs. Working from offices in the Netherlands, Dubai, New York and Paris, and always with a generous touch of Dutch level-headedness, we provide carpets to five-star hotels, exclusive residential projects, yachts, and actual palaces. Our young and passionate design team in our Waardenburg (NL) headquarters develops unique designs for every single project, in close collaboration with interior design firms around the world. Our carpets are hand-made in India, China and Nepal by manufacturers we’ve been working with for generations, and who feel like family. Personal contact and excellent service are some of our core values, so our clients and partners always know what to expect.
Does this sound good to you? Show us your excitement and send your motivation letter and cv to Karin Smulders, HR Manager. email@example.com
Note: the location is Waardenburg, the Netherlands. It is not possible to carry out this function from abroad (including one of our other international locations.)